A list of Payment Methods is displayed in your Settings > Payment Methods. Simply flick the Payment Method to 'ON' if it is relevant to your business.
To enter specific details, click on the word of the payment method (for example, "Bank transfer") and the box will extend so that you can enter the required information.
1. Frontoffice Payment Methods
- PayPal - Using PayPal your customers can pay with their credit card or PayPal account. It's free to create an account and commissions are taken from each payment (around 2.9% + 30c per transaction depending on your region). For more information or to sign up, see www.paypal.com
- Bank transfer - Still one of the most common ways to receive a payment. Please note that you will need to check your bank statements and manually register bank transfers into Bookinglayer.
- Stripe - Stripe allows you to accept payments by Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Transaction fees are currently 1.4% for European cards, 2.9% for American cards. Sign up on www.stripe.com
- Braintree - Is similar to PayPal, a credit card processing platform. Commissions are similar to above - 2.9% + 30c per transaction. See www.braintree.com
- Mollie - Mollie allows you to accept iDeal payments, the most common way to pay by debit card in The Netherlands. They also accept credit card. For more information or to sign up see www.mollie.com
- Post finance - A common Swiss payment gateway. See www.postfinance.ch
2. Backoffice Payment Methods
- Cash - If your business accepts cash - you can reconcile your invoices manually once a guest has paid.
- Voucher - Invoices will also need to be reconciled manually.
- POS - If your business uses a POS machine such as a Visa or Eftpos machine.
If you need a payment gateway that is not listed here, feel free to contact us.
Important: Each payment method has a surcharge percentage field. This field indicates an extra percentage that businesses may charge for using an specific payment method. This surcharge is not the one charged by the payment company.