How to add a custom field to a guest
1. Go to the Settings module.
2. Click on Custom fields.
3. Click on Add a custom field.
4. Enter a label for the custom field (This label will be only shown in the backoffice, not to the booker, so keep it short).
5. Choose the option to attach this field to a Guest.
6. Choose the type of text you want to have for this field - It can be a free text input (where the guest can type their response freely) or an option list (where the guest has to choose the available options).
7. Choose where you want this field to be shown. It can be shown in the Backoffice (where you can manually fill out this field) or in the Backoffice & Booking Manager (where either you or your guest can fill out this field).
8. Enter a Form Label that will be shown for your bookers on the booking manager and choose whether if this is mandatory or not.
9. In case you have selected the option list type, set up all the available options this field can have.
10. Save your changes.
Where to find your guests' custom fields?
1. Backoffice - Your new custom field will appear in your guest's profile page and in your bookings page when clicking to update your guest's profile:
2. Booking Manager URL: Your new custom field will appear on the Booking Manager URL under the Personal details option.
It's important to notice the difference between the Label title (Backoffice) and the Form Label title (Booking Manager).
In this article's example, our Label title is pretty simple: "Camp first time?" - This is only for our Backoffice management so it can be more simple and direct.
In the other hand, our Form Label title is more complex so our clients can have a better understanding of the question: "Have you ever been to a surf and yoga camp before?"