Cross-selling is a way to offer additional items to your clients based on the items selected in their booking cart. By recommending extra items that benefit your clients, you can not only increase your revenues but also optimise the user journey for your customer.
Some basic examples that you can set up with the cross-selling feature:
1. Suggest a Yoga Lesson for clients who are booking a private room.
2. Suggest a Wetsuit rental for clients who have a booked a Surf Lesson.
3. Suggest a Guided Tour to clients who are booking more than 7 nights.
You can add cross-selling items to your packages, on specific pre-defined conditions.
Learn how to add and set up triggers for your cross-selling items by following the instructions below:
1. Go to inventory>packages and open one of your packages:
2. In the package settings, navigate to the cross-selling section using the left side menu:
3. Click on the cross-selling box and add the items you want to offer as a cross-sell.
4. You can trigger the cross-selling item based on your packages' content (set up conditions based on "OR" or "AND")
i.e: In the package below, we will only show the cross-selling item (3x Begginner Surf Lessons) for people who book both the "deluxe room" AND the "yoga lesson".
You can also trigger the cross-selling item according to the minimum number of nights or minimum amount spent.
5. In the frontoffice, if users select the "Deluxe Room" AND the "Yoga lesson", the system will recommend them the activity we've set up in the cross-selling section (3x Beginners Surf Lesson):
6. After your users click on the Book button, a suggested items section will appear with your cross-selling items based on the conditions you previously set up.
In this example, "3x Beginner Surf Lesson" is suggested:
If the user selects the cross-selling item, this item will be automatically added to their booking order.
Please note that you can add more than one item to the cross-selling section, with individual settings.